Moms with Teens

CampClan
Ideas for 14yo DD?
November 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM

So my ex lost his job last week & I now have the task of figuring out how to get Christmas for 5 kids. Well actually 4 because the youngest is already done.

My oldest DD is 14. She is into music so I was thinking a gift card to itunes. But for some reason her ipod won't connect to itunes. So, this is an issue. Next idea is manicure. She had a habit of biting her nails but now they are beautiful so I want to treat her. I think I saw something on Pinterest on how to get a salon style mani at home. So I am definitely checking up on that.

Any other ideas would be awesome!

Replies

• DoloresMariana
    November 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    A gift card to here favorite store doesnt have to be alot about 25 dollars or even 15

Some makeup if shes she's allowed to wear

Shoes every girl loves shoes

• CampClan
    November 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I don't even know what her favorite store is! She really doesn't go out unless it's with the church youth group or me. 

Yes she is allowed to wear make up she just has never asked.

OMG does she love shoes. BUT it's only tennis shoes. She's more of a tomboy (which is why she doesn't wear make up I'm guessing).

But thanks for the ideas!

Quoting DoloresMariana:

A gift card to here favorite store doesnt have to be alot about 25 dollars or even 15

Some makeup if shes she's allowed to wear

Shoes every girl loves shoes

• 02nana07
    Ida
    November 10, 2013 at 10:42 PM

walgreens has a nail polish set with magnetic polish it comes with 4 bottles and 4 design magnets.

I got one for my birthday and it makes it easy to polish your nails with different designs in the polish. 

It is 12.99

• proudmother5946
    November 11, 2013 at 12:16 AM
    Do you have a Claire's or Icing by Claire store near you? My dd always finds something there. You could treat her to a mani pedi at a beauty college too. Does she have a cd player? Amazon has good prices on cds.
  • amber3902
    November 11, 2013 at 3:17 PM

How about a nice pajama and slipper set?  Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory store in your town?  I can always find nice quality things for decent prices in there.

• luckysevenwow
    November 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM

The magnetic nail polish is a good idea, I'm doing that for a few girls in my family.

Tomboy hmm? That does make it a little harder.

What about posters, or things for her room?

I suck at this, I can't even figure out what I am getting my own kids lol

• boys2men2soon
    November 11, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I don't have any great ideas....  I am not so good with girl gifts, especially non girly girls, lol.     Black Friday Shopping is a great way to get more bang for your buck!

• CampClan
    November 11, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Even better- a TJMaxx where my ex's GF works! LOL

Quoting amber3902:

How about a nice pajama and slipper set?  Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory store in your town?  I can always find nice quality things for decent prices in there.

• CampClan
    November 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM

EW! Black Friday! No thank you! I will do my shopping online! LOL

But I did think fo a great gift for both my 12 & 14 yo girls.... a karaoke machine! They both love to sing (like Mamma) & the 14yo has stage fright so this will be a great idea! She can sing & not have to be "on stage"!

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I don't have any great ideas....  I am not so good with girl gifts, especially non girly girls, lol.     Black Friday Shopping is a great way to get more bang for your buck!

• boys2men2soon
    November 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Quoting CampClan:

EW! Black Friday! No thank you! I will do my shopping online! LOL

But I did think fo a great gift for both my 12 & 14 yo girls.... a karaoke machine! They both love to sing (like Mamma) & the 14yo has stage fright so this will be a great idea! She can sing & not have to be "on stage"!

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I love Black Friday!  Love it.   I even went out last year on BF.... and we didn't exchange gifts last year because we went to Disney World instead.   I just can't stop myself!

The Karaoke machine sounds like a great idea!!

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts