Moms with Teens

CampClan
Following on Twitter??
October 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM

A lot of moms (in other groups) have mentioned they are friends with their kids on FB (or not) for whatever reasons.

I just wondered if anyone follows their child on Twitter? I just opened a Twitter account this evening because I love the show Once Upon A Time & they were previewing the spin off "in wonderland" & said to tweet #tinkerbell if you believe in magic. So I had to of course LOL. But I also decided to follow my 17yo DS & a couple of his friends. All are Christians & from what I can tell from their tweets they are keeping it clean no matter what! I'm impressed & very proud.

So what about you ladies... do you follow your child's Twitter accounts? Why or why not?

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    October 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM
    I don't have twitter. My kids are adults now. They didn't get accounts till they were over 18.
  • boys2men2soon
    October 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I don't twitter, tweet or whatever it is called.   I do well to keep up with facebook, lol!     Neither of my sons twitter.   One doesn't have facebook, either.    He just isn't into social media...unless it is X Box live.

• GleekingOut
    October 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM
    Mine has twitter but her account is private so I can't see it. I have absolutely no use for twitter but I know she's been tweeted, followed and talked to by some minor celebrities. She loves that.
  • drfink
    by drfink
    October 7, 2013 at 12:16 AM

My 15 yr old has a twitter account ,he knows I follow him.He is very interested in politics and started...opened....whatever it is called a Twitter account because he thinks he is a bit of a political pundit.The account is devoted to political commentary.

He is also followed by his adult siblings ,cousins,a couple of the youth group leaders at church,some of my friends ....so I'm not very concerned.He is thrilled to have followers .....this group follows him to be nice but if concerned I would be contacted.

• bizzeemom2717
    Jen
    October 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    I only have a Twitter Account for work, my bosses radio show actually. Neither one of my kids have Twitter but I am their friend and lots of their friend's friend on FB
  • fantasticfour
    October 7, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I don't because they don't have them.  I am following them on instagram.

• PurpleHazey
    October 7, 2013 at 5:11 AM

I do but to be honest they really don't use twitter

• Cafe MichelleP
    October 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I follow my 22 yr old and my 19 year old. I pretty was new to Twitter about a year ago. Like you, I also signed up for updates on things I enjoy. Both of my boys are grown and out of the home and sometimes that is the only interaction I will have with them, so I follow them and they follow me.

• Hannahluvsdogs
    October 7, 2013 at 3:00 PM

My kids don't have Twitter accounts, but if they did I would follow them, just like I'm friends with them on Facebook.

• nicole.mazer
    October 7, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I follow my kids/are friends with them on all their social media accounts. It's not to be a snoop though. I am also friends with lots of their friends. My girls are 15 and 13 (9th grade and 7th grade).

Moms with Teens