Moms with Teens

CampClan
Homecoming dilemma PIOG ETA UPDATE (green)
September 30, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Here's the issue: Homecoming for our school is set for Oct. 19th. Soccer tournament schedule is out & there is a game scheduled for that NIGHT at 7pm. The athletic department is trying to see if it can get changed to an earlier time- like 3pm. IF they can then DS & his GF will miss dinner with their group of friends. If they can not then DS misses the entire thing. And I think his GF will probably stay at home.

DS doesn't want GF to miss out on a special night. Especially since her parents already bought her dress. So he's looking for ideas. He was thinking of taking her out the weekend before or after. But my thing is there would be no reason for her to wear the dress other than to say she wore it. IDK what he is going to do. They were going to go to The Olive Garden for dinner with several friends then go to the dance.

DS wanted to know if anyone on here had suggestions for him?

ETA I guess I should have asked for creative ideas for him to treat her & make up for it if he has to miss the dance. He hates knowing her parents spent money on a dress for Homecoming. She is not one to go to dances to begin with (she's shy) & this was a huge step for her. It's her senior year as well. DS & GF have been best friends since they were 4yo. 

Update: Found out 3 days ago that the tournament game is against another school having their homecoming the same night! Chances that the time would get changed were even better for us. AND... just got the email confirming it HAS been changed to a Noon game time! Praise Him! Now we can move forward!! Have to order a corsage for him now so we have that "secure". Taking him shopping Sunday (possibly with ex's GF since she has a better fashion sense & also works retail so maybe she can hook us up with a discount?).

Replies

• AmericanChild82
    September 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    I would honestly skip the game. There are numerous soccer games but very few homecoming dances.
  • MidwestMama55
    September 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Um, skip the game. No brainer.

• CampClan
    September 30, 2013 at 10:48 PM

HA! Not happening! I pay $345 for him to play every year! Soccer has been his life since he was 4. And if he wants a soccer scholorship then that is not an option for him. You never know what scout may come to the game. I didn't mention this is his senior year. So it could very well be his last soccer game ever or just of his high school career. But thanks for the advice. :)

Quoting AmericanChild82:

I would honestly skip the game. There are numerous soccer games but very few homecoming dances.

• 02nana07
    Ida
    September 30, 2013 at 10:54 PM

If I were her I would go to the dance alone or with a friend and be upset he didn't check the game schedule before I bought my dress.

• CampClan
    September 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM

She bought the dress 3 weeks ago. The tourny schedule was just given to the schools last Friday. The coach found out the times today.

Quoting 02nana07:

If I were her I would go to the dance alone or with a friend and be upset he didn't check the game schedule before I bought my dress.

• 02nana07
    Ida
    September 30, 2013 at 11:40 PM

sounds like they should have taken it into consideration when making the schedule someone dropped the ball on this one

• gdiamante
    September 30, 2013 at 11:46 PM

How about saving the dress for a different formal event, like prom? Or maybe New Year's Eve?

• AmericanChild82
    October 1, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Holy cow, yeah no skipping the game especially if it could affect his future and it being his senior year, he's only going to get so many more games. I sure hope they can get the game time moved so that he can have both events.

Quoting CampClan:

HA! Not happening! I pay $345 for him to play every year! Soccer has been his life since he was 4. And if he wants a soccer scholorship then that is not an option for him. You never know what scout may come to the game. I didn't mention this is his senior year. So it could very well be his last soccer game ever or just of his high school career. But thanks for the advice. :)

Quoting AmericanChild82:

• bizzeemom2717
    Jen
    October 1, 2013 at 1:39 AM
    Try to find a guy who is just her friend and go
  • askmommy
    October 1, 2013 at 3:43 AM
    She could go with a bunch of girlfriends.

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts