Moms with Teens

Txlisa7969
Oldest off to band camp today!
August 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Oldest DD (15) is off to band camp for the next four day this afternoon.  At least she is excited about it this year.  Last year she was a nervous wreck.  It may help that her boyfriend is also in band and will be there too.  I already read them the riot act Friday evening.  Both of them of very responsible and good kids but I still reminded them of my expectations of their behavior.  The camp the school uses is typically a Christian camp during the summer so they have fairly strict rules on things like dress (no two piece bathing suits or short shorts etc) and PDA and what not.  I think she is also thrilled to be away from her younger sister and brother for a few days too lol.

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    August 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    Sounds fun. I was in band. No band camp. We had band 2 hours in the mornings 2 weeks before school started to get ready for the first football show.
  • Barabell
    August 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I hope she has fun.

My son is leaving for an overnight camp next Sunday.

• mumsy2three
    August 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Hope she has a great time!

• fammatthews4
    August 4, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Hope she has a great time

• drfink
    by drfink
    August 4, 2013 at 8:12 PM

sounds like she will have alot of fun.It's cool ,both a fun way to begin to close summer and a fun way to start this year.

• bizzeemom2717
    August 4, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    Hope she has a great time!
  • Txlisa7969
    August 5, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Thanks everyone!  Surprising enough the younger kids were saying they missed her last night when they went to bed. 

• MrsBLB
    by MrsBLB
    August 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I hope she has a blast!!

• MrsBLB
    by MrsBLB
    August 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Aww, that's so sweet.

Quoting Txlisa7969:

Thanks everyone!  Surprising enough the younger kids were saying they missed her last night when they went to bed. 

• Msgme
    by Msgme
    August 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM

sounds like fun.  my dd's boyfriend is leaving for a week on the 13th for a running camp.  my dd is devestated about it.  my younger dd is not to happy either since he will miss her b-day party that he's helping me plan  lol

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN