Moms with Teens

Txlisa7969
Oldest off to band camp today!
August 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Oldest DD (15) is off to band camp for the next four day this afternoon.  At least she is excited about it this year.  Last year she was a nervous wreck.  It may help that her boyfriend is also in band and will be there too.  I already read them the riot act Friday evening.  Both of them of very responsible and good kids but I still reminded them of my expectations of their behavior.  The camp the school uses is typically a Christian camp during the summer so they have fairly strict rules on things like dress (no two piece bathing suits or short shorts etc) and PDA and what not.  I think she is also thrilled to be away from her younger sister and brother for a few days too lol.

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    August 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    Sounds fun. I was in band. No band camp. We had band 2 hours in the mornings 2 weeks before school started to get ready for the first football show.
  • Barabell
    August 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I hope she has fun.

My son is leaving for an overnight camp next Sunday.

• mumsy2three
    August 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Hope she has a great time!

• fammatthews4
    August 4, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Hope she has a great time

• drfink
    by drfink
    August 4, 2013 at 8:12 PM

sounds like she will have alot of fun.It's cool ,both a fun way to begin to close summer and a fun way to start this year.

• bizzeemom2717
    Jen
    August 4, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    Hope she has a great time!
  • Txlisa7969
    August 5, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Thanks everyone!  Surprising enough the younger kids were saying they missed her last night when they went to bed. 

• MrsBLB
    by MrsBLB
    August 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I hope she has a blast!!

• MrsBLB
    by MrsBLB
    August 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Aww, that's so sweet.

Quoting Txlisa7969:

Thanks everyone!  Surprising enough the younger kids were saying they missed her last night when they went to bed. 

• Msgme
    by Msgme
    August 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM

sounds like fun.  my dd's boyfriend is leaving for a week on the 13th for a running camp.  my dd is devestated about it.  my younger dd is not to happy either since he will miss her b-day party that he's helping me plan  lol

Moms with Teens