Moms with Teens

aiasmom
High school fees.....
by aiasmom
August 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I'm just curious how much your teens school fees are. Ours where $90 just as a base. Once classes start each class usually has individual fees ranging from $10-20 per class. Post how much your fees are and what state you live in. This should be interesting :-)

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    August 2, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    Mine are out now, but ours runs almost $500. That would include a parking pass (if you drive), activities pass, sports fee (if in a sport) and fees for classes and books. This is in Wisconsin.
  • fammatthews4
    August 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Fees for our school are (I think, youngest just graduated this past year)

Freshmen & Sophomores-$10

Juniors-$30

Seniors-$40

Now this does not include parking passes for the last two years or sports passes.  Junior year fees covers prom for both junior and senior year.  Oh and we live in NC

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    August 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    No dances are covered in fees either.
  • bizzeemom2717
    August 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    With ASB, athletic fees, parking, ect it will be about 610
  • Barabell
    August 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I don't know. My son isn't in high school yet. There aren't class fees or school fees for junior high, besides hot lunch and the occasional field trip. The clubs are free, but sports costs $30 at the junior high. I think sports costs more in high school.

• Txlisa7969
    August 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I am in Texas and to be quite honest I have never heard of yearly "school fees."  That being said if your child is involved in sports, band, drill team, cheerleading, etc there are fees associated with them.  My oldest DD is a Sophomore this year and is in band.  We have to pay $100 for band camp and $75 a year band fees.  At one point she was considering drill team and that costs a minimum of $600 but most of the parents said it ran more like $1000.  She decided against it because it would interfere with some of her honor classes and she is more focused on her acedemics rather than extracurricular. 

• just_hc
    by just_hc
    August 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Book rental is usually about $200-$300 per kid.  Parking passes are $5.  If they play sports it's $250 plus whatever equipment you need.   Arts (band, choir, dance, etc) is a $25 fee plus whatever equipment you need.   DD's dance team runs us about $600-$700 a season.  We are in Indiana.

• drfink
    by drfink
    August 2, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Texas here also.The only fee our school has is senior year dues .It doesn't include prom but class picture ,picnic things like that.When my daughter graduated in 2010 I think they were 75 or a 100.

We only pay per activity.Golf was the most expensive of any activity any of mine have done including cheer in m.s. Golf for all four years was around 5,000 not including any extra lessons .She did get a very nice bag that is better than her college golf team bag ...LOL

Currently LAX is 500 .That doesn't include pads ,gloves ,helmet etc but those tend to be once every 3 or 4 years.It is the sticks that add up.

Quiz bowl is 50 as is debate .Theater Pro Company is 100 to 150 depending on if new make up is needed

Quoting Txlisa7969:

I am in Texas and to be quite honest I have never heard of yearly "school fees."  That being said if your child is involved in sports, band, drill team, cheerleading, etc there are fees associated with them.  My oldest DD is a Sophomore this year and is in band.  We have to pay $100 for band camp and $75 a year band fees.  At one point she was considering drill team and that costs a minimum of $600 but most of the parents said it ran more like $1000.  She decided against it because it would interfere with some of her honor classes and she is more focused on her acedemics rather than extracurricular. 

• huntersmom1007
    August 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM

When did schools decide they could charge for every little thing.  I about fell out of my chair when she showed me the cost to park at the school.  I never paid for parking.  They even have levels.  I can't remember the prices but the first level is just to be able to drive to school and park in an open lot.  The second level was a reserved area closer to the school and the third most expensive was to get an assigned spot that you could paint on to make it personal. 

• ebbierowe
    August 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM

We live in ohio.

For my then 10th grader we paid:

$5.00 - class of 2015 fees

$25.00 - consumables

$10.00 - handbook

Total of $40 for the basics - then $20 of honors history, $50 for Art, $75.00 for biology

My son was in 6th grade last year we paid:

$5.50 - agenda

$25.00 - consumables

$30.50 total then $8 for art, $8 for English, $5 for fitness, $11 for science and $13 for social studies...but that is middle school

My dd also particpates in marching band (color gaurd) the fee for that is about $480

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN