Moms with Teens

Jinx-Troublex3
20 years later...I have a high schooler....
July 30, 2013 at 2:37 AM
My family and I were very active with our church youth group when I was in high school. We.did many local, state and regional activities.

On one outing we were in San Francisco for the evening and were allowed to go out in small groups to get dinner. My group chose to pool our $ and go for pizza. After our meal, i went to the restroom. A drunk Sailor followed me into the restroom and tried to grope and kiss me. I kicked him and got away and my group left. We told the manager there to call the police but ran because we didnt want our adults.to know and forbid us qny freedom.

The reason i share this now is that i have a 15yo DS who is involved in the chirch.

PLEASE remind your kids to always talk to and find the adults in their group.if there is a problem.

Replies

• Barabell
    July 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Thanks for the reminder.

I'm glad you got away safely!!

• boys2men2soon
    July 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Absolutely!   Great reminder.

• MrsBLB
    by MrsBLB
    July 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Thank you for the reminder!  

• drfink
    by drfink
    July 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM

So right

• 02nana07
    Ida
    July 30, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Another point you need to make is stay in groups and never go anywhere alone including the restroom that is what we required of our scouts.

• bizzeemom2717
    Jen
    July 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Thanks for the reminder.

I'm glad you got away safely!!

Me too, scary stuff for sure!

• HilbillyMamaof3
    July 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    We started that with scouts and have stuck to it through the years. An excellent rule.

Quoting 02nana07:

Another point you need to make is stay in groups and never go anywhere alone including the restroom that is what we required of our scouts.

• fammatthews4
    July 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM

That's a good reminder, I also try to encourage my kids to always have at least one other person with them if possible.

• fammatthews4
    July 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM

A very good point

Quoting 02nana07:

• alik1983
    August 4, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Thank you for sharing that extremely scary situation!  So glad you were able to get out of that situation!

We're planning our kids' Project Graduation and are planning to take them away on a "senior trip."  It would never have occurred to me to make sure the kids went to the restroom in pairs (at a minimum); you think as long as you're inside, it'll be safe.  Pairing up, even at a restaurant, will be a requirement, that's for sure!  

Moms with Teens