Moms with Teens

atlmom2
Would this be appropriate to post on facebook?? I think not.
by atlmom2
July 29, 2013 at 6:47 PM
DH's sister in law put, Kudos to Lane Bryant. They have 30% off for teachers. She said, my daughter (name) needs clothes for her new teaching job.

Replies

• Barabell
    July 29, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Why would that be inappropriate?

• drfink
    by drfink
    July 29, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Is she making a not so subtle hint for people to buy her daughter some clothes or send a gift card ? Are they unable to afford a few pair of pants and some nice shirts?She just needs to have enough for a week at a time till she gets a couple of paychecks.

I have a friend that teaches K ,she has 5 out fits for fall and spring both hot here and 5 for winter for school.They are cute and put together but not expensive...she sits on the floor ,dirty children hands etc.She spends her clothes money on her away from school clothes.She replaces her school outfits if they get old or stained.I think she is smart.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    July 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    No, she is saying her dd is plus size.

Quoting drfink:

Is she making a not so subtle hint for people to buy her daughter some clothes or send a gift card ? Are they unable to afford a few pair of pants and some nice shirts?She just needs to have enough for a week at a time till she gets a couple of paychecks.

I have a friend that teaches K ,she has 5 out fits for fall and spring both hot here and 5 for winter for school.They are cute and put together but not expensive...she sits on the floor ,dirty children hands etc.She spends her clothes money on her away from school clothes.She replaces her school outfits if they get old or stained.I think she is smart.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    July 29, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    Lane Bryant is a plus size store. That post is gone. Her dd must have yelled at her.

Quoting Barabell:

• Barabell
    July 29, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I know what Lane Bryant is. I'm plus sized myself. I wasn't sure if the issue was saying that her daughter needed new clothes or that she was plus sized or both.

If she fits the clothes at Lane Bryant, than it's not insulting. If she is actually too small for Lane Bryant and her mom has a distorted image of her daughter, then I can see why she could be upset by her mom's comment. 

Quoting atlmom2:

Lane Bryant is a plus size store. That post is gone. Her dd must have yelled at her.

Quoting Barabell:

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    July 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    My niece is 4 ft 10 and probably 225 ish. Its not like she put Macy's is having a sale. That would have been ok.

Quoting Barabell:

I know what Lane Bryant is. I'm plus sized myself. I wasn't sure if the issue was saying that her daughter needed new clothes or that she was plus sized or both.

If she fits the clothes at Lane Bryant, than it's not insulting. If she is actually too small for Lane Bryant and her mom has a distorted image of her daughter, then I can see why she could be upset by her mom's comment. 

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Barabell:

• Barabell
    July 29, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I still don't think it's insulting. If you're that embarrassed about your weight, then you should do something about it instead of being in denial.

Quoting atlmom2:

My niece is 4 ft 10 and probably 225 ish. Its not like she put Macy's is having a sale. That would have been ok.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Barabell:

• drfink
    by drfink
    July 29, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Her mom must be clueless to post that if her daughter is sensitive about the size she wears.Maybe her mom didn't see it as something her daughter would be upset about.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    July 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    If she put it fine. Inappropriate for a mother to put about her child.

Quoting Barabell:

I still don't think it's insulting. If you're that embarrassed about your weight, then you should do something about it instead of being in denial.

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Barabell:

• Barabell
    July 29, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I disagree. Why would the truth be insulting? If I can shop there and someone gives me a coupon or discount that I can benefit from, why should I be insulted? 

Quoting atlmom2:

If she put it fine. Inappropriate for a mother to put about her child.

Quoting Barabell:

Moms with Teens