Moms with Teens

LUVSDOGS
13 yr old got a teeny tiny bikini and booty shorts from grandmother
July 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM

and she is a size 34 B with a big butt I ditched the suit and am thinking about nixing the booty shorts also I had specifically asked the grandmother NOT TO BUY HER CLOTHES advice?

Replies

• fammatthews4
    July 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM

you as her mother get final say on what she wears espescially with her only being 13.  If you don't want her to wear the shorts take them away.  

• luckysevenwow
    July 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM

You can't stop her from buying them, and you don't have to let your DD wear them.

If you know where they came from, take them back. If not, then throw them in the trash.

• jojo_star
    July 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM

You are the mother, if you don't like it, tell grandma and don't let her wear it. 

• bizzeemom2717
    Jen
    July 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Quoting luckysevenwow:

You can't stop her from buying them, and you don't have to let your DD wear them.

If you know where they came from, take them back. If not, then throw them in the trash.

This....

• mumsy2three
    July 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I agree with what has been said above, you have the final say on what your dd wears.

• Hannahluvsdogs
    July 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I agree with the others, if you're not comfortable with the clothes take them away. And talk to grandma about appropriate clothing if you think she'll listen. Btw, I love your screenname :)

• drfink
    by drfink
    July 17, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

This....

yup

• MrsBLB
    by MrsBLB
    July 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I totally agree with the others.

• 02nana07
    Ida
    July 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Just wondering is it something daughter asked for

• pokey-pwa
    July 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM

This.

My MIL does not like to be told what to buy (or not to buy) for the kids.  Unfortunately this leads to some gifts that either get returned or thrown out.  She knows this as do the kids.  But, there are some things that are just not appropriate.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts