Moms with Teens

CampClan
Don't have teenagers! (vent)
June 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM
A) they don't listen
B) they don't respect your time

DS (17) & I made plans for today since his sisters are with my parents for the weekend & his brothers are with their dad. The plan was his friends come over Friday night for game night, 2 of the guys stay the night, we get up & they leave & he & I would go out to lunch. Not just some fast food place either! A really nice mongolian grill place. Then I would drop him off at my parents to mow & he would walk to a friend's house after. I would go to the store & then home to do laundry (had really hoped someone would say "hey I'm free let's do dinner" but that didn't happen).

Well friends came over, guys stayed the night, they didn't get up til noon, one left at 1. At noon I had to take my ex swimsuits for the boys. By 2 I was pissed- the otherr friend was still here! So I went to the store. I text my DS saying it was pretty shitty that he made plans with me but can't respect my time & that I had things to get done after we ate before I went to get his brothers. His reply "Hey Robbie is leaving now" & then "I'm going with him so I can mow & go to Dalton's" WTF??? Did he NOT get my text? So I replied "fine- then we aren't going to dinner" (mind you we were suppose to do lunch! And it's now 3pm!!)

So I get home & they are still there! DS asks if my mom left the money on the table (she was going to pay him for mowing). I looked at him & said "I told you the other day she forgot to leave it for you!"

So now I'm sitting here pissed & hungry! Too late for lunch, too early for dinner, & I still have more groceries to get (what I couldn't get at Aldi).

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    June 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    Teens wanna be around friends more than parents. Just the way they are.
    Now, I agree if you make plans he should keep them. I learned long ago do not plan anything the day after kids spend the night. Also learned plans get changed so much witb kids too. Mine are 19 and 22 now.
  • CampClan
    June 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    The "best" part is at one point I came out of my room & he was eating a slice of pizza! I just looked at him & he said "It's only a slice! It's not like I won't eat when we go!" Yet we aren't going. *sigh* I even woke up at 11 & said "so much for leaving at 11! Haha"

Quoting atlmom2:

Teens wanna be around friends more than parents. Just the way they are.

Now, I agree if you make plans he should keep them. I learned long ago do not plan anything the day after kids spend the night. Also learned plans get changed so much witb kids too. Mine are 19 and 22 now.
  • MrsBLB
    by MrsBLB
    June 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Hugs

• CampClan
    June 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    Thanks! Now one of his friends said he thinks hanging out tomorrow instead would be a better idea! So right now DS is at my mom's mowing because the other friend & he decided to walk slowly to the friend's house! He should have been done mowing already & we could have been eating in a few minutes!

Quoting MrsBLB:

Hugs

• MrsBLB
    by MrsBLB
    June 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Sheesh!  I'd go with you if I could.   :)

Quoting CampClan:

Thanks! Now one of his friends said he thinks hanging out tomorrow instead would be a better idea! So right now DS is at my mom's mowing because the other friend & he decided to walk slowly to the friend's house! He should have been done mowing already & we could have been eating in a few minutes!

Quoting MrsBLB:

Hugs

• CampClan
    June 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM
    LOL I have been wanting to go to this mongolian grill place & just talking about it with a co-worker made me think DS & I should go! He was all for it yesterday!

Quoting MrsBLB:

Sheesh!  I'd go with you if I could.   :)

Quoting CampClan:

Quoting MrsBLB:

Hugs

• CampClan
    June 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    HAHAHA And now his FB status says "Can I put someone on blast for posting a status & only saying something to me one time?"

Whatever- he knew I was pissed cuz I did text him when I was at the store about how he was disrespecting my time to hang out with his friends!
  • bizzeemom2717
    Jen
    June 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM
    Hugs... Hang in there he will come back around
  • CampClan
    June 22, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    Well IDK what happened but the powers that be interceded! The ex text & said not to get the boys til 10!! So I text DS & asked about dinner. He said "sure I guess if you wanna"!

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Hugs... Hang in there he will come back around
  • boys2men2soon
    June 22, 2013 at 9:35 PM

It is time like these that call the loudest for ICE CREAM!....preferably with Hot Fudge.

Moms with Teens