Moms with Teens

Txlisa7969
I let her dye her hair turquoise!
June 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM

So I have a deal with my YDD who is 13.  She pulls all A's for the school year she gets to dye her hair whatever color she wants over the Summer.  Because of the school dress code she has to go back to a natural color when school starts back.  Well, her final report card was all A's and she got a 96 average for the year so, yep it's turquoise lol.  Last year it was magenta.  I will probably get a little flack from certain family members but all I ever tell them is that she earned it. 

Replies

• luckysevenwow
    June 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM
    It's just hair, it looks very nice on her.
  • drfink
    by drfink
    June 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM

She looks cute ,it is summer ,glad she can have some fun.

My oldest earned dying his hair green for a while in high school.He also made great grades...he became an officer in the Army...lol...no green hair now.

• boys2men2soon
    June 21, 2013 at 12:40 AM

She is adorable!   Her hair looks fun and funky, I like it!     I agree, she earned it...good for her!

• flprincessmom
    June 21, 2013 at 1:37 AM

clappingway to go on the good grades!!! her hair is cute!!!!

• suesues
    by suesues
    June 21, 2013 at 8:49 AM

a deals a deal do it

• Carmel63
    June 21, 2013 at 9:02 AM

It's just hair.  This is one I let go.

• PurpleHazey
    June 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I don't like it, but then again I would never let my teen dye their hair.

• justbereal
    June 21, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    I love it. I would put more pink in mine but w work I can't.
  • Txlisa7969
    June 21, 2013 at 9:19 AM

It washes out gradually.  I would let her do permenant color if her school allowed it.  Like others have said, it's just hair and well she is a pretty awesome kid.  The only one I really get any flack from his my late husband's mother.  Then again she doesn't agree with me allowing my almost 16 yr old get highlights and wear contacts.  I look at it this way, I see so many of their classmates running around acting foolish or down right dangerous.  They are doing drugs, drinking, having sex and screwing up in school.  My kids are responsible, respectful (the majority of the time), are honor students that makes good grades and make good choices.  Hair is not something I feel I need to control. 

• Barabell
    June 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM

It looks really cute on her. I love the color!!

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN