Moms with Teens

Cafe MichelleP
Do You Ever Go To Your Parents For Advice?
June 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM

They say "Mom knows best".  

Do you ever go to your mom/parents for advice when dealing with your teens?

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    June 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Used to some from my MOm.  She passed away 6 years ago and my Dad more than 28 years ago. 

• MusherMaggie
    June 18, 2013 at 2:52 PM
    I didn't because my mother especially was way too much in my business already about how I was parenting. My MIL was that way when we were around them. I felt like I had to prove I could parent.
  • lnrmom
    by lnrmom
    June 18, 2013 at 2:54 PM

No. Not at all.

• Txlisa7969
    June 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I did with my Mom but she has been gone almost 7 years now.  There are days I wish I still had her wisdom.  She was one of those that would only offer advice if asked and was never pushy.  My Dad I don't go to very often since I am dealing with two teen girls.  His reply to most things would be "Lock them up till they are 30" lol.  He did give me an amazing compliment the other day.  He said he was very proud of the way I was raising my children and that he thought I was a great Mom. 

• mumsy2three
    June 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I go to my mom to vent more than to get advice. My mom did her best to raise us but most of her time was spent working to keep a roof over our head, in clothing and fed. My brother and I learned a lot from natural consequences.

• diaperstodating
    June 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM

No, not for my teen. My oldest (the teenager) is the oldest grandchild and the obvious favorite of my parents, so I would never go to them for advice about him.

• Bertieb
    by Bertieb
    June 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Mine have passed away but I did a little. Usually I didn't want my mom to know troubling stuff though!

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    June 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM

No. My parents were shirty parents.

• 02nana07
    Ida
    June 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM

My dad died of cancer when I was 2 and my mother was everything I didn't want to be as a parent so no I never have.

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    June 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I haven't yet, but would if I felt the need to.

Moms with Teens