Moms with Teens

daisykat
WWYD???
May 24, 2013 at 12:46 AM
How would you handle it if your husband suggested the two of you get divorced so that you could live on public assistance, making the money burdens lighter in your relationship? What would you say or do? I think this question has probably been posed before, sorry if it's being redundant. Opinions, ladies?

Replies

• Jinx-Troublex3
    May 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM
    If the game plan is to still live together and share a home, then that is lieing and stealing.

You can go to jail for that! However, I will admit sometimes it sounds like a good plan. I know someone who does it and while I sure wouldn't mind the $, I couldn't set that example for my kids.
  • daisykat
    May 24, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    bump
  • Txlisa7969
    May 24, 2013 at 8:16 AM

No.....just no.

• Msgme
    by Msgme
    May 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM

To be honest iwould be shocked beyond shocked. I'd think he lost his mind.   Not that i would ever suggest that but i would be more likely than him to ever suggest that.

• luckysevenwow
    May 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM

What's sad is that couples even have to entertain that thought.

I'd say no, if we needed it that would be different, but for the sole purpose of an easy buck, no.

• 02nana07
    Ida
    May 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM

It is sad that there is more help for people living together not married than for married people I guess that is why I am broke.

• Hannahluvsdogs
    May 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Honestly, I'd be horrified if he suggested that.

• drfink
    by drfink
    May 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Shocked just shocked.I can't imagine that happening.

Though I guess if it was the only way to feed my children ,have medical care for my children or keep them from living in a car I would think about that

• daisykat
    May 24, 2013 at 2:29 PM
    It was such a shock. My first thought was, sure, we'll get divorced for the benefits but only if I get to move a boyfriend in with me you ass. He works full-time, I work 30 hours a week, and I don't want to quit my job. Not to mention it's a bad example to set for our sons. I'm irritated with him right now. It makes me feel like he cares more about money than doing the right thing.
  • Barabell
    May 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I'd say no, that isn't a good reason to get divorced! I'd be kind of pissed if he was actually serious. My husband and I play around a lot, so I could see him say something like that jokingly. But never seriously. If he ever hinted for it to be serious, I'd say he'd have to find somewhere else to live if he really wanted to divorce me over money.

Moms with Teens