Moms with Teens

fantasticfour
Going back to the basics
May 4, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I am tired of entitled children, therefore I am going to the basics.  My kids (the girls anyways) are basically good, but have everything they want!  I think we are going back to the basics and enjoying time instead of things.  They are going on vacation this year, 2 of them, but they are going to be mini vacations.  3 Nights in Orlando and 3 nights in Daytona Beach.  This gives me the time to spend with them doing things we all like and get to know the young adults they are becoming.

No more are we getting them the latest phones, video games, computers, etc.  They are going to have provided for them enjoyable memories.  It might cost a tad bit more, but they are going to be spending time with friends and family.  Something that will help them in the long run.

Replies

• luckysevenwow
    May 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Have fun!

• SuperLooneyMom
    May 4, 2013 at 10:31 PM
    That's good to see.
  • Carmel63
    May 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM

We are not big on stuff, and I refuse to buy smart phones.  I am a sucker for spending money on lessons, tutors, extra curricular activities, and traveling.  

• boys2men2soon
    May 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Sounds like a good plan.

I admit I laughed at teens having everything they want!   Is there any such thing?

• jojo_star
    May 5, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Have fun, but you can have both. We are a very close family, we do many things together, our kids are always doing things they like together as siblings or all of us as a family, and they still have all the latest and greatest technology, and they aren't entitled. 

• bizzeemom2717
    May 5, 2013 at 12:47 AM
    Great point, I agree life is all about balance

Quoting jojo_star:

Have fun, but you can have both. We are a very close family, we do many things together, our kids are always doing things they like together as siblings or all of us as a family, and they still have all the latest and greatest technology, and they aren't entitled. 

• gdiamante
    May 5, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Sounds like a plan. But I have to ask, have you let THEM in on it yet? 

• suesues
    by suesues
    May 5, 2013 at 7:59 AM

greaT now if we can just get the rest of society to follow

• mumsy2three
    May 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Have fun~

• fantasticfour
    May 5, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Lucky you for having greatful children!  You certainly have a good bunch if you do!

Quoting jojo_star:

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN