Moms with Teens

lilia5
Sex?
by lilia5
May 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM

How would you feel if you found out your teenager was having sex underage?

How would you address the issue?

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    May 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    Never happened but, I would be disappointed and furious.
  • lilia5
    by lilia5
    May 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM

When I found out my two oldest daughters were having sex and I was furious.

• luckysevenwow
    May 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM

What do you mean by underage? 15, 16, 18?

I wasn't furious, mine were old enough to understand the consequences and had been in long term relationships by the time it happened. I was sad to know that they didn't wait, but...sex isn't the end of the world.

• lilia5
    by lilia5
    May 3, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Under the age of consent is what I meant, I should have clarified this.

I was angry purely because of how old they were. My daughter who would now be 20 was 15, and my now 16 year old was 13. Understandbly, I was not happy.

• ashleighmama
    May 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM
    Well, my oldest son is 14, I would not be happy to say the least. Ive already had The Talk with him many times, and if he were having sex, as much as that fact would break my heart, I would make sure he ALWAYS had condoms because theres no way in hell my 14 year old is ready to be a dad.
  • lilia5
    by lilia5
    May 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM

We did a similar thing and both of my girls went on birth control almost the second we found out.

Quoting ashleighmama:

Well, my oldest son is 14, I would not be happy to say the least. Ive already had The Talk with him many times, and if he were having sex, as much as that fact would break my heart, I would make sure he ALWAYS had condoms because theres no way in hell my 14 year old is ready to be a dad.

• bizzeemom2717
    May 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I guess it depends on the situation? My Ds was 17 but had been dating his GF a year and they are still deating 3.5 years later, I wasn't too upset, but did sit and talk to bothy of them. If it was my 15 year old DD you bet I woulod be upset and very concerned.

• GleekingOut
    May 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I would be disgusted and furious because that would mean she would have had to do it in our house. I would even be disgusted and furious at her being 21 because that would mean she would have had to sneak a boy in while we were away for the weekends that we have gone away :/ I've never set down a specific rule on "you must remain a virgin until you move out of this house" because I feel my DD would purposely go and have sex just to prove that it's *her* body.

• jojo_star
    May 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    My 16 year old is. He is smart, safe, and well educated. I have no issue with it. We address it by talking to him and keeping an open line of communication.
  • luckysevenwow
    May 4, 2013 at 12:02 AM
    I wouldn't be happy at those ages either.

Quoting lilia5:

Under the age of consent is what I meant, I should have clarified this.

I was angry purely because of how old they were. My daughter who would now be 20 was 15, and my now 16 year old was 13. Understandbly, I was not happy.

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts