Moms with Teens

Carmen66
Free condoms for your 12 year old? Are they kidding me???
May 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM

What is this world coming to? When my kids were 12 they were busy playing games and running around outside. But i can understand how nowadays young children are having sex, if that is the case then I will choose to talk about it with my child and explain to them that sex at a young age is not necessary.  A 12 yr old is a child not a mature person to be having sex. Sometimes i feel like im not mature enough to have sex...

Replies

• luckysevenwow
    May 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM

And sadly there are 12 year olds out their having sex, we can wish it wasn't true, we can talk to our kids and control what goes on in their lives.....but not every kid has that kind of guidance.

• Carmen66
    May 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM

i definitely agree with you 100%.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

And sadly there are 12 year olds out their having sex, we can wish it wasn't true, we can talk to our kids and control what goes on in their lives.....but not every kid has that kind of guidance.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    May 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    Agree, some kids are out of control.

Quoting Carmen66:

i definitely agree with you 100%.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

• PurpleHazey
    May 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

You got to be kidding me! How about holding the parents to watching their 12 year olds. ! YEAR OLDS! CRAZY!

• drfink
    by drfink
    May 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM

too true

Quoting luckysevenwow:

• mumsy2three
    May 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Agree.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

• bizzeemom2717
    May 3, 2013 at 6:14 PM

It happens, it's sad. Thankful my kids have boundaries and have been parented, some kids though are not, so it's prob a good thing.

• Msgme
    by Msgme
    May 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM

This kind of thing reminds me of my sil.  She was not only sexually active at 12 she had her first child at 13. Her second child 2 years later.  She did not have any kind of parental guidance at all.  Her kids dad was 19 when she gave birth to her first.  My other sil was 15 with her first child.   again no parental guidance at all.  Had they had some kind of protection offered her (granted this was the late 70's) Her life and her kids life might of been better had she waited for kids.  btw her oldest child is in jail and has spent most of his adult life there.  Her youngest is HIV positive as well as other medical issues to do unprotected sex.

So i don't have a problem with giving condoms to younger kids.  Since i do parent my kids we can talk about it and they have boundaries and all that good stuff.  But so many other kids do not.

• fantasticfour
    May 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM

The problem is, these 12 year olds I believe have to order them.  Are they going to be waiting for a package in the mail where their parents can find them?

• Rust.n.Gears
    May 4, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Yeah my daughter knows girls that started having sex when they were 10 years old. Her friend was pregnant when she was 12 and had 2 kids by the time she entered high school. I get told I shelter my kids by homeschooling them. Yeah I guess I do and I am freaking proud of it.

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts