Moms with Teens

02nana07
Ouch
Ida
May 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM

It took me 50 years but I got my 1st sunburn.

I wasn't thinking yesterday and was in the sun for 5 hours without going inside.

Have you or your teens had a sunburn

Replies

• luckysevenwow
    May 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I burn super easy, that's the white girl in me, but I also tan just by walking past a window in the living room, that's the hispanic side of me. My kids do not really burn, my Hispanic side and dad's Native American side take care of that. They have to be outside all day long to get a burn and even then it's pretty mild.

• Stefono
    by Stefono
    May 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM

YES, today its much much more dangerous. So I do recommend sunscreen.I love the Sun, But I also have learned to get my sun slowly with SPF of atleast 15 , and my kids are 30's and up.'...when I have gotten sunburn I feel it in 3 ways! 1.) obviously my skin feels like its on fire.' 2.) it actually has always given me a stomach ache too ( sunburn) never asked anyone if that happens to them  3.) I get sooo tierd.

• boys2men2soon
    May 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I burn easily.....and as a teen I had two sunburns that were so severe I couldn't wear anything but the stupid bikini top for days.   I still have scars from thse burns.       My sons are both fair like me.  One will burn slightly, then tan.   The other one has had a couple of sun burns that peeled.... but no tan.

• 02nana07
    Ida
    May 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM

When I was in high school I went to Florida for the 1st time and my mother and sister were burned so bad they had blisters and I had to hear it all the way home I didn't get as much as a tan.  I have never really tanned or burned until now maybe I am getting old LOL

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I burn super easy, that's the white girl in me, but I also tan just by walking past a window in the living room, that's the hispanic side of me. My kids do not really burn, my Hispanic side and dad's Native American side take care of that. They have to be outside all day long to get a burn and even then it's pretty mild.

• 02nana07
    Ida
    May 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I have never had to worry about it but I will from now on.  I have been to florida and the Bahamas enjoying the beach and nothing happened. 

Quoting Stefono:

YES, today its much much more dangerous. So I do recommend sunscreen.I love the Sun, But I also have learned to get my sun slowly with SPF of atleast 15 , and my kids are 30's and up.'...when I have gotten sunburn I feel it in 3 ways! 1.) obviously my skin feels like its on fire.' 2.) it actually has always given me a stomach ache too ( sunburn) never asked anyone if that happens to them  3.) I get sooo tierd.

• 02nana07
    Ida
    May 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM

My sister used to but now she has a tanning bed so she doesn't anymore

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I burn easily.....and as a teen I had two sunburns that were so severe I couldn't wear anything but the stupid bikini top for days.   I still have scars from thse burns.       My sons are both fair like me.  One will burn slightly, then tan.   The other one has had a couple of sun burns that peeled.... but no tan.

• Msgme
    by Msgme
    May 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I got a sunburn once.  I was in florida and on a boat and didnt realize the sun would be stronger out there than at home here in ny.  I had fallen asleep and my arms got a  burn.   other than that no. My son is very light skinned and can burn pretty easily. He's had a cpl over the years.

• fantasticfour
    May 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I have one child who is ghost white in the winter and will not tan until she burns.  We tried one year keeping her from burning and getting a tan.  She was ghost white all year.  She burns once, and bronzes the rest of the year.  No idea why.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    May 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    Many times
  • Barabell
    May 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

We've both had sunburns. We all have very pale skin, so we have to be careful when in the sun all day. We've had sunburns even trying to be careful with sunscreen applications.

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN