Moms with Teens

fantasticfour
Woman walks out on her kids
May 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Have you heard the story about a pennsylvania woman who walked away from her family?  Upset and crying in her car after being turned down for financial housing assistance, going through a divorce, she dropped her kids off at school and took up with some hich hickers. She went to Florida.  She contacted the police recently, 11 YEARS later saying she thinks there might be a warant out for her arrest in another county.  Her exhusband had her declared legally dead a few years ago, the manpower was crazy looking for her, and the exhusband and children had to do deal with all of the mess that went along with him being accused of getting rid of her.

The exhusband is not going to speak to her, but forgives what she did and has been remarried and is happy.  The kids have not asked to speak to her.

Do you blame them at all?

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    May 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    I don't know if I would talk to her either. What a loser.
  • leighp1
    by leighp1
    May 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I am not going to justify this action, but we really don't know the entire story and it is hard to put things together.  There could be more medical reasons we don't know about.  Maybe she thought the kids would be better off thinking she was dead.  Maybe she felt that the world would be better off if she were dead and so that person did die and this is a new person.  I can't and won't judge her.  I will feel sorry for her that she felt that there was no other way but to leave her kids.  I feel sorry for the kids because they had to live thinking that their mother had passed on and now to realize that she is alive.  Should the ex-husband want to talk to her??? No, they were divorcing to begin with, so why would he want to.  Should the kids want to talk to her?  Well that is up to them.  I think there should be LOTS of therapy done though.

• luckysevenwow
    May 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

In stories like these I have to wonder what was going on in the persons life or head (since it obviously wasn't insurance money) that makes them just drop everything and forget about their lives. 

I'm sure in time the kids will want to talk to her. I imagine that right now, the wound is still way to fresh. 

• boys2men2soon
    May 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I don't blame them.... they are hurt, angry and confused!    I pity her.   She must be so messed up to have walked away like that.

• drfink
    by drfink
    May 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I read the story.I understand her children reaction and am glad her former husband is doing well.Her children deserve to live their lives.

I firmly believe she is profoundly mentally ill.The stress caused a break for her.

• daisykat
    May 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    I suspect if I were in the position of spouse, I would want to ask questions as to what her mindset was. The kids? WOW. I don't know where to even begin with that one... Even though I have to admit there may have been a mental break of some kind, I still gotta say, Way to fuck up your kids lives, ma. Nicely done. SMDH
  • fammatthews4
    May 2, 2013 at 11:33 PM
    This is what I thought when I read the article earlier. It's a sad story.

Quoting drfink:

I read the story.I understand her children reaction and am glad her former husband is doing well.Her children deserve to live their lives.

I firmly believe she is profoundly mentally ill.The stress caused a break for her.

• PurpleHazey
    May 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I was reading about that, she will be having charges on her.  I think she had enough and it broke her which don't make it right but what is roght about a melt down.

• Crafty8852
    May 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM

That's so sad :'( I know there are a lot of people out there having hard times, and I wish treatment was readily available for all. I guess we don't know the whole story yet, but I probably wouldn't want to talk to my mom if she did that to me either. Finding out your mom abandoned you, the one person in this world who is supposed to provide unconditional love...not right :(

• Barabell
    May 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I don't blame them.... they are hurt, angry and confused!    I pity her.   She must be so messed up to have walked away like that.

I have similar sentiments. It's a horrible situation for all of those involved.

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN