Moms with Teens

ShutterBunce
12 year old with impossibly painful cramps...
March 28, 2013 at 5:57 PM

My daughter started having horrible cramps last night with all the other symptoms, Headache, feeling yucky and tired, very emotional. 

She hasn't started her menses yet, but I'm certian she has the same horrendous cripling PMS (they have a new term to the extreme kind, I wish they had when I was a teen, or even before my hystorectomy)

What should I do? Sert up an appointment with her Pediatrition or a gyn? My poor baby. I hope she doesn't have polycycstic ovarian syndrome like me, too. Her older sister dodged that bullet.  :(

Advice! Please?!

Replies

• mgm_5
    by mgm_5
    March 28, 2013 at 5:59 PM
    I would take her to get looked at for sure, given your history
  • bizzeemom2717
    March 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Take her to the pediatrician, you don't know for sure if it's a gyn issue yet.

• Pink.Frosting
    March 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Aww, poor baby.  If it were me, I would probably wait for at least her first or maybe even second cycle before going to the doctor.  Just to see if it does truly turn out to be that bad.  I've heard of girls hurting a lot while their body was trying to gear up to have the first period, but then things calmed down some once it actually started.

• 02nana07
    Ida
    March 28, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I would call her regular dr and see what they think

• PurpleHazey
    March 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Use PMS pills, this will work.

• PurpleHazey
    March 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

Aww, poor baby.  If it were me, I would probably wait for at least her first or maybe even second cycle before going to the doctor.  Just to see if it does truly turn out to be that bad.  I've heard of girls hurting a lot while their body was trying to gear up to have the first period, but then things calmed down some once it actually started.

I agree with you.

• zacmacsmomm
    March 28, 2013 at 9:51 PM

My daughter just started in Oct.  She's 13.  She has heavy bleeding, cramping and she has already had an ovarian cyst that ruptured.  We have her on Naprosin, it's kind of like alieve, but this is a perscription.  It seems to help so far.  She has had painfull ovulation since the cyst, but no rupturing of a cyst since that one time.  If that happens a few more times then I will just put her on the pill

• fantasticfour
    March 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Given your history, I would talk to her doctor about it.  She probably doesn't need a gyno right now and she may be over reacting just not used to the type of cramps and body aches associated with a period.

• luckysevenwow
    March 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    If it persist don't ignore. I had similar symptoms and it wasn't my period, it was my appendix. Better safe then sorry.
  • suesues
    by suesues
    March 29, 2013 at 9:09 AM

go to her dr first asap

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email