Moms with Teens

mumsy2three
Random Question 2/28
February 28, 2013 at 6:24 AM

When it's warm and sunny~ do you ever hang your clothing on the line to dry?

Replies

• fammatthews4
    February 28, 2013 at 6:28 AM

no

• Manth
    by Manth
    February 28, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Always!  And my part of Australia has lots of warm, sunny days even in Winter.  I use my dryer ONLY when it's wet out and I really need to get laundry done (basically, my daughter's school uniforms or if it's been wet all week and we're running out of clothes).  It's too expensive to use year-round.

• LuckyMom822
    February 28, 2013 at 7:02 AM

No

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    February 28, 2013 at 7:23 AM

You mean outside? No- it's against our homeowners association rules, and w/ my allergies, it's not a good idea anyway.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    February 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    No, we live in an area with HOA rules.
  • balagan_imma
    February 28, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Yes, every summer. The only things I won't dry on the line are the towels.

• boys2men2soon
    February 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM

No.... only towels and swimsuits from the hot tub or pool.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    February 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    Really, an HOA can tell you not to use a clothesline? Holy crap!

I don't because I just never have...we have one and I've thought about it when i'm outside but forget when I'm doing laundry. I do have a line in our sunroom do hanging delicates to dry.
  • LuckyMom822
    February 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Oh yes! And when to cut your grass, to fix your mailbox, and what color you can paint your house. My HOA isn't bad at all but I have heard of some HOA's who do not allow commercial vehicles to be parked overnight in the driveway. They consider it advertising. LOL

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I don't because I just never have...we have one and I've thought about it when i'm outside but forget when I'm doing laundry. I do have a line in our sunroom do hanging delicates to dry.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    February 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM
    We had an hoa at our last house. I knew about the yard and house color. That at least makes sense.

I could see a "no clothes in the front yard" or "no clothing hanging on fences" but banning a regular clothesline in the back yard? Crazy!

Quoting LuckyMom822:

Oh yes! And when to cut your grass, to fix your mailbox, and what color you can paint your house. My HOA isn't bad at all but I have heard of some HOA's who do not allow commercial vehicles to be parked overnight in the driveway. They consider it advertising. LOL

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN