Moms with Teens

WandaSue
Gardasil
February 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Hey mom's so I was wondering how many of you chose to have your child given this series of shots?

Boys? Girls?

What do you think?

Both of my older sons, ages 13 and 11 will be getting the first one today :)

EDIT: Mom's who chose not to get the shot's...I am not trying to be rude by responding :) thanks for sharing...it is your choice and I have no right to question it :)

Replies

• WandaSue
    March 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM

:)

Quoting TCain0001:

My daughter and both of my boys got Gardasil shots.  They're fine.

• WandaSue
    March 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM

thanks for sharing :)

Quoting emmy526:

http://truthaboutgardasil.org/

• 21lisa72
    March 2, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Quoting WandaSue:

:) that's the same thing we did

Quoting 21lisa72:

My son age 13 had his full series its best to protect, he was not happy about it but I explained to him when he gets older and has sex he could get diseases that cant be cured and this will help.

I was just happy they started giving it to boys too !  If boys and girls get it in their teens and mothers realize its not promoting sex it could wipe the disease out!

• Sandyr911
    March 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM
    Absolutely not for my daughter. Too much risk for CRAZY serious side affects that could ruin their whole lives or even kill them. Its not worth it to me.
  • MrsBLB
    by MrsBLB
    March 3, 2013 at 12:13 PM

My daughter did

• littlelamb303
    March 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I got my dd the shots, I believe it has been 3 yrs now.  She had NO reactions to it either.  I chose the shots for a very personal reason, I had contacted HPV through rape at age 23.  I am turning 49 this year and still have complications from it.  As much as some want to say the virus clears up on its own, that is not always true.  I wanted to save her from having my issues and even worse. The majority of people out there WILL get some form of the virus and it should be taken seriously

• littlelamb303
    March 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Quoting Sandyr911:

Absolutely not for my daughter. Too much risk for CRAZY serious side affects that could ruin their whole lives or even kill them. Its not worth it to me.

I felt the same way, except I chose the shots for my dd.  I did not want her to experience the 25 yrs of the HPV virus like I have.  She got the vaccine several years back and she is fine. Although it is mostly likely not 100%, I feel much better about the fact she has some protection.

• chattycassie
    March 5, 2013 at 1:13 PM

We talked to her DR and my daughters will NOT be getting it. 

• Momto2bys1grl
    March 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM

My son is 12 and he's had all 3 shots in the series.  

I know there are risks involved but there's risks with anything.  

• joshlor2
    March 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    We declined, the shot for my son and will decline it for my daughter. When they are of the age where they can research and make that decision for themselves they can decide if they want it.
    I personally feel very iffy about it. I hear more bad things about it than good.

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts