Moms with Teens

mumsy2three
(2/17) It's RAK day~
February 17, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Has anyone ever done a random act of kindness for you?

Random Acts of Kindness Day

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Random Acts of Kindness Day is the name of an unofficial holiday increasingly celebrated around the world by localities or organizations, or nationwide, in order to encourage acts of kindness. The original founder of Random Acts of Kindness Day is Josh de Jong.[1]

The holiday is now on February 17 In New Zealand, RAK day began at a national level in 2005[2] by Josh de Jong, Marshall Gray, Megan Singleton and Reuben Gwyn. It is not a holiday, rather a national day where the entire country is challenged to do something kind to a friend or stranger for no reason at all

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    February 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    Not that I can remember at this time.
  • Barabell
    February 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I believe I have, but I can't remember anything offhand.

• gonecrazi
    February 17, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Not that I can remember. I did help pay for someone's groceries one time, she was at the check out and didn't have enough money.

• boys2men2soon
    February 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Yes!    We have the best neighbors in the world!    When my Dad was hospitalized, we were almost never home.  Between work, the Hospital, and taking care of my parents' and their home.....we were neglecting our own house.   I pulled in one day to find our front lawn freshly mowed and edged, our Rhodies and hedges trimmed..and my annuals all deadheaded and watered.  

Another time, I was in line at a drive thru coffee place and when I got to the window, I was informed that the car in front of me had paid for my Latte! 

• bizzeemom2717
    February 18, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    Yes, not long ago I was in the drive through at Starbucks and the person in front of me paid for their car full as well as mine. I was really surprised and did same for car behind me. Not sure how far back it continued on.
  • diaperstodating
    February 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM
    No, not that I can remember.
  • DarlaHood
    February 18, 2013 at 2:25 AM

I guess I missed my opportunity to do something randomly kind today, so I'll have to look for a way to do it tomorrow.  My dh did cook me a nice steak dinner tonight.

• fammatthews4
    February 18, 2013 at 6:37 AM
    No I haven't had this happen to me.
  • PurpleHazey
    February 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM

The last few weeks haven't been so good for me so it has been difficult for me to even crack a smile

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN