Moms with Teens

momto2inflorida
out of control 15 year old
February 5, 2013 at 8:38 PM
My dd is 15 and a freshman in high school. She never turns in work and has bad grades. She goes to tutoring and I watch her do the work but she doesn't,t turn it in. She has a 1.5 gpa currently.

We also have taken everything away tv,laptop,cell phone. She can't hang out with friends. All she has in her room are a bed clothes and books. We punish her but she just doesn't care. What should we do now?

Replies

• smcclure2005
    February 7, 2013 at 6:54 AM

When my daughter was a freshman she was doing the same thing. I informed her that if she did not start paying attention and turning in her work that I would go to every class with her and show her how to do both and I meant the whole day or days until she understood how to do both. I did have to go with her and it took one day for her to see how embarrassing it was to have her mommy with her in High School. I would also have each of her teachers sign a notebook daily that way you will know if she did as she should or not. If she does not like that the she will hopefully start doing as she should. Good Luck..I know it is hard but keep on keeping on and be strong

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts