Moms with Teens

jenna30
Do you kill spiders for your children?
by jenna30
January 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Today I refused to kill a spider in my daughters room! I want her to learn how to do it herself. She will soon be a grown woman, and I think she needs to be able to kill her own spiders! Or am I wrong about this?

Do you kill bugs for your children?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 20% - Yes
  2. 7% - No
  3. 15% - Sometimes
  4. 35% - They kill bugs for ME!
  5. 22% - We catch and release

Replies

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    January 30, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Ds1 is willing to kill smaller ones himself, but calls me or dh for the bigger ones. I still kill them for the younger 2.

I didn't kill bugs on my own unless I absolutely had to- like I was the only one home at the time- until I moved out and had no choice b/c I was the only one to do it. I still prefer to have dh kill the bigger ones : )

• sahlady
    by sahlady
    January 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM

laughingi dont remember last time this came up.  maybe they are killing them and just not telling me about it.

• kristinen
    January 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM

If its really necessary

• bizzeemom2717
    Jen
    January 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    If she wouldn't I would. She can't stand them as much as I can't so if she's on her own one day I'm sure she will manage to do so by herself
  • jenna30
    by jenna30
    January 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM

your both arachnophobes?

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

If she wouldn't I would. She can't stand them as much as I can't so if she's on her own one day I'm sure she will manage to do so by herself

• boys2men2soon
    January 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Is she afraid of spiders.....or just grossed out?     If she is truly afraid....kill them for her, as she may be incapable of doing it herself.       I am deathly afraid of spiders....any and all spiders.   It is a phobia.   I can not force myself to get close enough to most spiders to kill them....... I will spray ANYTHING on them...Raid, Hairspray, Air Freshener.....anything I can use from a distance.

My sons kill them for me :)

• bizzeemom2717
    Jen
    January 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    Both of us def!

Quoting jenna30:

your both arachnophobes?

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

• deloit
    by deloit
    January 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    im terrified of spiders.my boys kill them for me.they think it is hilarious to make me think there is a spider somewhere.
  • luckysevenwow
    January 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I called my mom from a closet once, with my newborn cause there was a bee in my house, and I stayed there till she rescued me lol

Is she genuinely afraid or just being a bonehead. If the fear is real then this is not the moment to be making her 'man-up'.

• mumsy2three
    January 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM

My teen will kills spiders/bugs herself. I sometimes have to kill them for my sons (10 and 7 y/o), sometimes my dd will kill them for her brothers.

Moms with Teens