Moms with Teens

jenna30
Do you kill spiders for your children?
by jenna30
January 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Today I refused to kill a spider in my daughters room! I want her to learn how to do it herself. She will soon be a grown woman, and I think she needs to be able to kill her own spiders! Or am I wrong about this?

Do you kill bugs for your children?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 20% - Yes
  2. 7% - No
  3. 15% - Sometimes
  4. 35% - They kill bugs for ME!
  5. 22% - We catch and release

Replies

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    January 30, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Ds1 is willing to kill smaller ones himself, but calls me or dh for the bigger ones. I still kill them for the younger 2.

I didn't kill bugs on my own unless I absolutely had to- like I was the only one home at the time- until I moved out and had no choice b/c I was the only one to do it. I still prefer to have dh kill the bigger ones : )

• sahlady
    by sahlady
    January 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM

laughingi dont remember last time this came up.  maybe they are killing them and just not telling me about it.

• kristinen
    January 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM

If its really necessary

• bizzeemom2717
    January 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    If she wouldn't I would. She can't stand them as much as I can't so if she's on her own one day I'm sure she will manage to do so by herself
  • jenna30
    by jenna30
    January 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM

your both arachnophobes?

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

If she wouldn't I would. She can't stand them as much as I can't so if she's on her own one day I'm sure she will manage to do so by herself

• boys2men2soon
    January 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Is she afraid of spiders.....or just grossed out?     If she is truly afraid....kill them for her, as she may be incapable of doing it herself.       I am deathly afraid of spiders....any and all spiders.   It is a phobia.   I can not force myself to get close enough to most spiders to kill them....... I will spray ANYTHING on them...Raid, Hairspray, Air Freshener.....anything I can use from a distance.

My sons kill them for me :)

• bizzeemom2717
    January 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    Both of us def!

Quoting jenna30:

your both arachnophobes?

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

• deloit
    by deloit
    January 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    im terrified of spiders.my boys kill them for me.they think it is hilarious to make me think there is a spider somewhere.
  • luckysevenwow
    January 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I called my mom from a closet once, with my newborn cause there was a bee in my house, and I stayed there till she rescued me lol

Is she genuinely afraid or just being a bonehead. If the fear is real then this is not the moment to be making her 'man-up'.

• mumsy2three
    January 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM

My teen will kills spiders/bugs herself. I sometimes have to kill them for my sons (10 and 7 y/o), sometimes my dd will kill them for her brothers.

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN