Moms with Teens

sahlady
my teen daughter's words....
by sahlady
January 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM

mean so much!   funny but when she compliments the way i look it means SO much more than when my husband does.  guess it is because she has a more critical eye.  but i just LOVE hearing her say 'wow mom, you look hot' or 'wow mom, great outfit'

am I the only one who feels this way when they get a compliment from their teen girl?

Replies

• boys2men2soon
    January 27, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I can't speak about teen girls.....   But, I feel the same way when my sons compliment my appearance.    I also love it when they get bent out of shape because they think they saw someone give me a second look...... boys are so funny!   They get very indignant...how dare some random guy check out their Mother!

• diaperstodating
    January 27, 2013 at 11:32 PM
    I love getting compliments from my boys!
  • drfink
    by drfink
    January 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM

yup I agree with you.

My husband will tell me I look nice when I am just kinda put together ,he also will compliment when I have really put out effort but as an engineer I think he views things ummmm like an engineer ...lol but my daughter will tell me why I am looking good,what works and sadly sometimes why it isn't working.Never harshly but truthfully with a good eye.

Last fall I went to get new make up.The woman tried several different types and colors of eye,face ,blush on me and we settled on one combo.I had some very minor misgivings but decided it was the light.She makes up my whole face ,my daughter comes home for the weekend ,gets out of her car and tells me she is worried I look so drawn ,my eyes look tired and more.LOL All with my new make up on...back to the store it went and back to the make up drawing board with my daughter beside me !!!

• fantasticfour
    January 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM

You sure aren't!  I love it when my daughters tell me something looks good on me.  They are also the first ones to tell me if I'm wearing something "below my age" or if it makes me look fat (or fatter than I am), so the compliment means more. 

• mumsy2three
    January 28, 2013 at 6:09 AM

I love getting compliments from 3 of my kids.

My teen is my fashion coordinator, lol. There have been numerous times I've asked her which shoes? or sweater? etc.

• romalove
    January 28, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Yes, I agree with you.  I think it's because they are so heightened to being embarrassed by us, if they are saying something complimentary, we know they absolutely mean it.  

• MrsJoe125
    January 28, 2013 at 5:02 PM

No, I do too, but not more than dh's.

Mostly I deeply appreciate the less superficial compliments, like dd wrote me a note for Mother's Day last year that sounded like a personal hallmark card.  I re-read that once in a while. :-)

• tntmomof2
    January 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Yes!!!! 

The kids are always honest. I could look like complete hell and DH will say I'm beautiful. Can't trust the man lol

• shree04
    by shree04
    February 3, 2013 at 7:59 AM

so do you hav any doubt that ur son had an eye on u, regarding ur appearence? style dressing

• mt0130
    by mt0130
    February 3, 2013 at 8:08 AM

I do feel good when my teenage son compliments me because teenage boys usually don't take much notice  about someone's appearance. It does mean more than my husband saying it too because half the time my husband says it and he barely even looked at me before he says it so I know its just a response whereas my son actually looks before he comments.

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN