Moms with Teens

undrcvrmom
16 is too young right.????
December 10, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Hi ladies,

I am not in this group because my kids are still youngens' but we are a host family to a 16 year old girl from Germany who is here learning english and going to high school for 6 months.

She is your normal surly, miserable, lazy teen;)lol  But my question is.......she has a male friend that she met through the program on the plane over here.  They have been in contact a few times and she has met him 2 times now to go shopping here in the city.  He lives just over an hour away in a ski resort town.  When she came back from an afternoon with him on Saturday she informed us she would like to spend the weekend at his place(with his host family) in the resort town.  To go snowboarding she says.

Now I am completely against this.  I think she is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to young to even consider this and I have said no but sent an email to her mother after she went ballistic because I said it was inappropriate.  Am I completely out of line here?  I would never let my daughter do something like this. She tells me her mother will let her but I am still waiting to hear back from her.

Thanks for your input ladies:)

Replies

• gennyjames
    December 11, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    I assure u that u are doing the right thing.....stick with just that....we need more responsible parents..#stay strong#
  • gennyjames
    December 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    Way to young 14...I would be hurt if my 14yr come ask me such...please pray for our women

Quoting rosepirate:

I dont know what the legal for sex is in Germany. But in Sweden where I grow upp it is 15. So find out what the legal age in Germany first and take it from there..

I looked it up. In Germany it is 14 years old.

• fammatthews4
    December 11, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I would be uncomfortable with it as it's not something I would allow my own child to do.  However start with what her mother says, If she approves then contact the boy's host family and make sure they are even aware that this might be happening.  I feel that this girl is putting you in an uncomfortable situation and I hope her mother says no.

• fammatthews4
    December 11, 2012 at 9:05 AM

This is a good idea

Quoting angel_eyez:

Is it possible to make it a family trip and just go up there for the day. It may be something your whole family enjoys.

• undrcvrmom
    December 11, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Quoting fammatthews4:

This is a good idea

Quoting angel_eyez:

Is it possible to make it a family trip and just go up there for the day. It may be something your whole family enjoys.

Actually I took her and her girlfriend  there a couple of weeks ago for the weekend.  I had invited the boy to our condo for dinner but he was too busy "making a party" to come.lol  He wasn't interested in seeing her and her friend the weekend we spent there 2 weeks ago so I wonder what has changed.  

We also have plans to go back over the holidays.

• dobrd
    by dobrd
    December 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM

undercvrmom, This girl may be a forgein student but, she's in YOUR home.. She needs to be more grateful you  opened your home.. Just meeting him on the plane is not a good reason. I wouldn't allow this either.. She ia slao in your care.. In my home, she wouldn't be going.. She needs to get off her temper tantrum soap box.. Take Care, Donna....

• rosepirate
    December 13, 2012 at 4:09 PM

First I do think that 14 is way to young. But remember that in Europe sex is looked at very different. Sex education in schools at a young age. Nudity is natural.

I think it is very odd/weird that in a lot of states you can drive a car before you have sex or can drink? I have problems with that.

And young people are going to have sex wether you like it or not. Better that they are prepared.

Yes I had 4 daughters and 2 sons. None of them got pregnant before they should.

Moms with Teens