Moms with Teens

GleekingOut
Have a laugh at this awesome momma
December 5, 2012 at 2:41 AM

This is from www.notalwaysright.com

(I’m up working the cash register on a slow day, when a teenage boy comes up. He looks to be about 14. He’s sagging his pants, trying to look tough.)

Customer: “Hey, baby.”

Me: “Hi there, sir. How can I help you today?”

Customer: *leans on the counter* “You can get me your number.”

(I’m 25, and engaged.)

Me: “Sorry, but that’s not going to happen. Can I help you with anything else?”

Customer: “Why the f*** not, you stupid b****?!”

Me: “One: That would be illegal. Two: I am happily engaged. And three: even if I ignore the first two, it’s against company policy.”

Customer: “You’re a f***ing b****! You should be happy I want a piece of your a**!”

(As the customer continues ranting and raving, a woman appears behind him. She reaches out and taps his shoulder twice.)

Customer: “What the f*** do you want—”

(He turns around. All the color drains from his face. He manages to squeak out some words.)

Customer: “Hi, mama.”

(She smacks him across the face.)

Customer’s Mom: “I did not raise you to be a self-entitled douche-bag! I did not raise you to think you are better than this poor girl!” *she grabs him by the ear, and shoves him against the counter, facing me* “Now, apologize!”

Customer: “But mom!”

Customer’s Mom: “Now!”

(He looks close to tears. He mumbles out how sorry he is, and how it wasn’t fair of him to treat me like a piece of meat. His mom, by his ear, pushes him towards the door.)

Customer’s Mom: “Go.”

(He walks out of the store, ready to cry. She turns to me, gives me a huge smile, apologizes again, and even buys me a gift card. Apparently there are some good parents still out there!)

What would you have done if this was your son?

Replies

• fammatthews4
    December 5, 2012 at 5:02 AM
    Wow I can't bieve you think this is what makes a good parent. SMH
  • GleekingOut
    December 5, 2012 at 5:19 AM
    I never said what I thought; I copy pasted exactly what the original writer said. It wasn't intended to be a 'this is 100% amazing parenting' it was a 'lets have a slight chuckle over something funny'

Quoting fammatthews4:

• fammatthews4
    December 5, 2012 at 5:28 AM
    I didn't find it funny at all

Quoting GleekingOut:

I never said what I thought; I copy pasted exactly what the original writer said. It wasn't intended to be a 'this is 100% amazing parenting' it was a 'lets have a slight chuckle over something funny'

Quoting fammatthews4:

• GleekingOut
    December 5, 2012 at 6:50 AM

well my sincere apologies to you; when I read it out to our family the only one who didn't laugh was my aspergers daughter (she was stuck on "why would he flirt with someone older than him; gross") so I assumed other people would find it funny. again; I apologise.

Quoting fammatthews4:

I didn't find it funny at all

Quoting GleekingOut:

Quoting fammatthews4:

• 02nana07
    Ida
    December 5, 2012 at 7:22 AM

I thought it was funny because it shows what kids will do when their parents aren't there and how quick their attitude changes when their parent shows up. She didn't beat him up she did make him apologize and I bet he heard bout it all the way home. 

• GleekingOut
    December 5, 2012 at 7:33 AM

thanks - that's what I thought too - (I'm not bashing) it's just interesting to see what people find funny/not funny. and I don't know about you - but my mother would've washed my mouth out with soap had I'd pulled that stunt.

Quoting 02nana07:

I thought it was funny because it shows what kids will do when their parents aren't there and how quick their attitude changes when their parent shows up. She didn't beat him up she did make him apologize and I bet he heard bout it all the way home. 

• ForeverLawst
    December 5, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Good parents can raise douche-bag kids... bad parents can raise great kids. I can attest to that personally. You believe this parent did a bad job because their kid has a mind of his own at 14? Get a grip.. really. 

I thought the post was funny for the reasons the OP and another poster said. He knew he was caught in the act and immediately back-pedalled when his mom snatched him up. Go mom, lay down the law. BAM. LOL

• fammatthews4
    December 5, 2012 at 8:21 AM

No it was the smacking, grabbing, and pushing against the counter that I feel makes her a bad parent.  Really if you had seen this in person would you have laughed or called the authorities?  There are other ways to teach our kids proper behavior than physicaly laying hands on them.  But obviously I am lacking in humor today so this will be my last post on this.

Quoting ForeverLawst:

Good parents can raise douche-bag kids... bad parents can raise great kids. I can attest to that personally. You believe this parent did a bad job because their kid has a mind of his own at 14? Get a grip.. really. 

I thought the post was funny for the reasons the OP and another poster said. He knew he was caught in the act and immediately back-peddled when his mom snatched him up. Go mom, lay down the law. BAM. LOL

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    December 5, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Gotta admit, I smiled at this. Don't think I'd personally smack my son in front of the cashier, but I'd sure as heck be making him apologize!

• myoldest1999
    December 5, 2012 at 8:40 AM
    C.) None of the above...

I would have applauded and given her praise for having the guts to handle the situation instead of cowering in a corner to wait and say something when he got home...or out of jail for disturbing the peace or what have you...

Quoting fammatthews4:

No it was the smacking, grabbing, and pushing against the counter that I feel makes her a bad parent.  Really if you had seen this in person would you have laughed or called the authorities?  There are other ways to teach our kids proper behavior than physicaly laying hands on them.  But obviously I am lacking in humor today so this will be my last post on this.

Quoting ForeverLawst:

I thought the post was funny for the reasons the OP and another poster said. He knew he was caught in the act and immediately back-peddled when his mom snatched him up. Go mom, lay down the law. BAM. LOL

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts