Moms with Teens

02nana07
After making the laundry detergent I got motivated and made hand soap tonight
Ida
November 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM

The hand soap was a pain some soaps either take more soap to work or they won't work at all.

I found out the soap I was using was one of the hard ones to use and after recooking it 1/2 dozen times I finally got it to look like something other than soapy water.  I added hotel soap each time I recooked it until it got to the right consistency.

I will post therecipe after I am sure it will work the 1st time I am making more next week so I will let everyone know then.  

I will make dish soap in the morning.

I am going to the dollar tree and getting the hand soap dispensers and filling them with my hand soap and giving them to my neighbors for Christmas. 

I am making peppermint scented soap and putting them in a white dispenser with a red bow tied around it what do you think.

Replies

• luckysevenwow
    November 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I've been making laundry detergent for a while, so I thought I would try dish soap...yeah, I was not a fan. I like bubbles, lots of bubbles lol

The laundry soap is great though.

• 02nana07
    Ida
    November 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

have you tried the hand soap

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I've been making laundry detergent for a while, so I thought I would try dish soap...yeah, I was not a fan. I like bubbles, lots of bubbles lol

• specialwingz
    November 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Which hand soap recipe did you use?

• luckysevenwow
    November 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I haven't, I have thought about it though you'll have to let me know how it goes.

Quoting 02nana07:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

• 02nana07
    Ida
    November 17, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I will as soon as it has time to finish should know soon

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I haven't, I have thought about it though you'll have to let me know how it goes.

Quoting 02nana07:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

• 02nana07
    Ida
    November 17, 2012 at 12:27 AM

1 bar of soap of your choice and 1 gallon of water

shred soap add to 1 gallon of boiling water  let it cook on medium heat until it melts

turn it off and leave it for 10-12 hours then mix well and add to soap dispenser for use as hand soap or body wash.

I will let you know how it turns out soon

Quoting specialwingz:

Which hand soap recipe did you use?

• mumsy2three
    November 17, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Sounds great.

I have not tried making my own soap laundry, dish or hand. I buy the best home made bar soap from someone at a local farmers market (online through the winter). Her soaps are amazing.

• fantasticfour
    November 17, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Wow I always wanted to do that, don't you have to buy all sorts of equipment?

• 02nana07
    Ida
    November 17, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I was buying the bar soap from a lady at our craft show but she was sold out before I got there this year. 

I usually get what she calls a scrap bag for $5.00 it is all the different kinds of soap put into a brown lunch bag.  When she sells her soap they are all the same size if one doesn't measure exact she puts it in a scrap bag even it is as little as a 16 of an inch off. 

The funny part is she sells one bar for $7.00 but a bag with enough bars to last a year for $5.00 because they aren't perfect.  

Quoting mumsy2three:

Sounds great.

I have not tried making my own soap laundry, dish or hand. I buy the best home made bar soap from someone at a local farmers market (online through the winter). Her soaps are amazing.

• 02nana07
    Ida
    November 17, 2012 at 9:28 AM

There is actually nothing as far as equipment you wouldn't already have with the ecxeption of a 5 gallon bucket with a lid. Also there are very few ingredients and they last a long time.

Quoting fantasticfour:

Wow I always wanted to do that, don't you have to buy all sorts of equipment?

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts