Moms with Teens

proudmother5946
My DD says I'm embarrassing.
November 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM
I can't have my country music on in my car when I pick her up from school. Someone might hear it. I can't knit while waiting for her. It makes me look old. I have to make sure I don't say anything embarrassing in front of her friends.
Anyone else's teen like this?

Replies

• Kendra45066
    November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM

OMG, if my daughter ever had the nerve to come up to me and tell me to stop doing something because it embarrasses her she would get a very firm talking to and reminder that I am the mother and she is the child, and she will not talk to me like that or else there will be consequences to pay for that kind of rudeness. Now, if she came up to me and asked me calmly and politely if I could not do something so often in certain situations, then I might be accommodating. Luckily this has not been an issue as my daughter does not get embarrassed easily and she does not mind me being around.

• drfink
    by drfink
    November 7, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I think mine would be afraid to say that ...I would go out of my way to really embarrass them then. Bwahaha

Mine tease me about always having my cross stich or Nook with me,that my cross stich and Nook are more important than they are...hmmmmmm ........ ; )  but never said anything about embarressing them..

Have you thought about asking them how it would feel if they were told that by you ?

• bizzeemom2717
    Jen
    November 7, 2012 at 1:49 AM
    I think mine would know if they said that I would just blast my music lol. That being said I usually let the kids listen to whatever they chose in the car if not a long trip, just not a big deal to me
  • momw2teens522
    November 7, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Yes of course my two teens are quite the example of this. Proud Mother  you and I are similiar in regards to our music choices. I  love pop country music: Keith Urban and Brad  Paisley and most especially those Rascals!!!  The precious ones would die of embarrassement if I said anything about them to friends! Get this, my kids were mad I dresssed up as a cheerleader for Halloween! First my costume belonged to my daughter from dance recital this past June. I like to be spirited and have fun..Hubs and I passed out candy to the treaters.  I did do a few cheers for the treaters;.kids and hubs embarrassed. middle towards end of night Jim :spouse texted our soon to be 16 yo son.His ? was this.why did he not take those poms with him when he left for the evening!

• Poly_Parent
    November 7, 2012 at 2:11 AM

The first two are utterly ridiculous, but I can sort of see her point regarding her friends. I'm not saying don't talk to them, not at all, but be mindful of how you speak to them and, more importantly, what you tell them. Of course every parent is going to be embarassing sometimes, it's a rite of passage, but some things (for instance, just about ANY story from her childhood) should be kept private. 

• PurpleHazey
    November 7, 2012 at 5:29 AM

Really!

• PurpleHazey
    November 7, 2012 at 5:30 AM

Quoting atlmom2:

Lol, I listen to 70's music. If kids are in the car they turn on what they want.

Mine do to

• luckysevenwow
    November 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM

No thankfully they haven't said it to me. I'm sure they have thought it a time or two though.

• Carmel63
    November 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    My daughter knows that would get her nothing other than the suggestion that she walk home.
  • vixen42
    by vixen42
    November 7, 2012 at 11:01 AM

my son told me I was embarrasing last year and I told him it was payback for all the times he embarrassed  me when he was little.Mommy has a very long memory

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts