Moms with Teens

proudmother5946
My DD says I'm embarrassing.
November 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM
I can't have my country music on in my car when I pick her up from school. Someone might hear it. I can't knit while waiting for her. It makes me look old. I have to make sure I don't say anything embarrassing in front of her friends.
Anyone else's teen like this?

Replies

• xoxRachelxox
    November 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Yes and I tell him too bad. If you don't want to be seen with me, then walk.

• DalesLgndLvsOn3
    November 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM

She's never said anything, but then again she likes country music and all her friends like me LOL  I'd tell her though if she didn't like it... RIDE THE BUS!  LOL

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    November 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM
    Lol, I listen to 70's music. If kids are in the car they turn on what they want.
  • lucky2Beeme
    November 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM

NO and if mine had been I would stop picking them up. How absolutely RUDE of her !

• proudmother5946
    November 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    Quoting xoxRachelxox:

I actually told her that yesterday! I'm hoping this Is just a phase.
  • Jessiejack
    November 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    I don't care if I embarrass my kids. If they don't like who I am they can move out, get a job and support themselves. Me I would turn the music louder, bring my knitting everywhere I went and talk to all her friends. But that's just me.
  • 02nana07
    Ida
    November 6, 2012 at 6:59 PM

not mine they like country music

• fammatthews4
    November 6, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    I do those things (crochet instead of knit though) and my kids have absolutely no issue with it. Neither of them embarrass easily at all.
  • mommy5912
    November 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM

not mine....he likes the fact that I am younger then his friends parents...he likes country...he likes the fact i dressnice

• almondpigeon
    November 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM

this exactly.

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN