Moms with Teens

proudmother5946
My DD says I'm embarrassing.
November 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM
I can't have my country music on in my car when I pick her up from school. Someone might hear it. I can't knit while waiting for her. It makes me look old. I have to make sure I don't say anything embarrassing in front of her friends.
Anyone else's teen like this?

Replies

• xoxRachelxox
    November 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Yes and I tell him too bad. If you don't want to be seen with me, then walk.

• DalesLgndLvsOn3
    November 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM

She's never said anything, but then again she likes country music and all her friends like me LOL  I'd tell her though if she didn't like it... RIDE THE BUS!  LOL

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    November 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM
    Lol, I listen to 70's music. If kids are in the car they turn on what they want.
  • lucky2Beeme
    November 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM

NO and if mine had been I would stop picking them up. How absolutely RUDE of her !

• proudmother5946
    November 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    Quoting xoxRachelxox:

I actually told her that yesterday! I'm hoping this Is just a phase.
  • Jessiejack
    November 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    I don't care if I embarrass my kids. If they don't like who I am they can move out, get a job and support themselves. Me I would turn the music louder, bring my knitting everywhere I went and talk to all her friends. But that's just me.
  • 02nana07
    Ida
    November 6, 2012 at 6:59 PM

not mine they like country music

• fammatthews4
    November 6, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    I do those things (crochet instead of knit though) and my kids have absolutely no issue with it. Neither of them embarrass easily at all.
  • mommy5912
    November 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM

not mine....he likes the fact that I am younger then his friends parents...he likes country...he likes the fact i dressnice

• almondpigeon
    November 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM

this exactly.

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

Moms with Teens