Moms with Teens

CTBmom
Received an interesting phone call last week
by CTBmom
November 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM
So, I was talking to a friend of mine last week, and my call waiting beeps in. I look at it, and it says "Los Angeles" ....I thought that's wierd, I don't know anyone from there. Then I remembered that I have some distant cousins in that area, so my next thought was something happened to someone in the family, so I told my friend that I would call her back. I answer that call and a woman says hi, my name is So-and-so, and I'm from The Voice, and I am calling about your son Connor (he's a singer). I found him on Reverbnation, I think he's extremely talented and very cute, and I would like to set up a private audition for him next month. I was floored and skeptical at the same time. She told me that she would email me with the details. I researched it online, and found out that the The Voice does sometimes contact people they find on Reverbnation, and offer them private auditions. I received the email, and it all looks legit. My son is beyond excited about the possibility of being on the show! His audition is Dec 8th!

Replies

• leighp1
    by leighp1
    November 6, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Absolutely Fantastic!!!  My daughter wants to be on the Voice, but she just doesn't have the passion that some others do.  I hope it happens for him and let us know so we can keep an eye out for him!!  Totally AWESOME!!  Congrats!!!

• CTBmom
    by CTBmom
    November 6, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    Thanks! I told my son not to look at the big picture ....to just take it step by step. First step, is to get past the talent producers! I will definitely post updates, if there ends up being anything to update =)

Quoting leighp1:

Absolutely Fantastic!!!  My daughter wants to be on the Voice, but she just doesn't have the passion that some others do.  I hope it happens for him and let us know so we can keep an eye out for him!!  Totally AWESOME!!  Congrats!!!

• 02nana07
    Ida
    November 6, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Have you contacted them to make sure it is legit before he gets his hopes up.  If it is legit then congrats and good luck.

• CTBmom
    by CTBmom
    November 6, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    Thanks! And yes, as soon as I got the email, I called them.... It's legit =)

Quoting 02nana07:

Have you contacted them to make sure it is legit before he gets his hopes up.  If it is legit then congrats and good luck.

• boys2men2soon
    November 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM

So cool!    I love the Voice!    Good Luck to Connor!

• WYmomof4
    November 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Wow! How very cool and exciting. Thanks for posting :)

• MrsBLB
    by MrsBLB
    November 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM

That's awesome!  Good luck to your son!

• Barabell
    November 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Very, very cool!

I hope your son does well!!

• drfink
    by drfink
    November 6, 2012 at 11:46 AM

WOW ,that is great ! How cool.

Hope it goew wonderful for him....break a leg or ????? what ever you say to singers for good luck but not to jinx them  LOL

• squeekers
    November 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM

good job, but keep an open mind and your skepticism until you know for sure it is legitimate.

Moms with Teens