Moms with Teens

Ktbugsmom22
Advice Needed: How do you control internet access for your teen 13...
October 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM

How do you control internet access for your teen? 13 year old had an ipod touch but I took it for inappropiate content and dont know how to trust him again

Replies

• kaitybird
    October 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

This is great advice.  Most new computers come with parental controls USE them!  We do.  It shuts her down at a certain time and doesn't allow her on until we say.  Also block any website you do not approve of.  Also most internet security like McAffee and so forth also will let you block websites.  If they have an ipod or cell phone put limits on that also!  These places will also give you a weekly, daily or even monthly report!

The sad thing is that most kids can run cirlcles around their parents when it comes to electronics and the technology stuff! 

Quoting sunflowers12:

go into your administrations and set a parental lock and lock out all the bad stuff.. funny though so many proudly admit to wanting this just but when their kids get into it the story changes.. not saying you in particular just in general...

• MissApple234
    December 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM

http://content.mobicip.com/content/how-setup-parental-controls-iphone-ipod-touch

A site that helps you, with pictures!:)

• sabrtooth1
    December 4, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Agreeing with the majority.  My kids never had puters (or TV's) in their rooms.  Desktop was set up in a public room of the house.  We had parental locks on it, and turned it on only for homework, monitored what they did, and turned it off when they were finished (or WE were ready for bed).  Cell phones ONLY had a few emergency minutes on them, and were used only when I knew I might be late to a game or practice pick-up.  No smart phones, no gaming systems, no Kindles, tablets or laptops.  When they were 16, got jobs and BOUGHT THEIR OWN, it was still with the rule that if it was abused, or the grades suffered, it was gone.  They each got a laptop when they graduated HS.  

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN