Moms with Teens

sahlady
do your teens have a bed time?
by sahlady
October 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM

How old and what is the bed time?

Is it strictly enforced or a guide line?

Is it different on the weekdays from the weekends?

Replies

• shorty13417
    January 18, 2013 at 11:22 AM

mine is 16 and he has a set bed time during the week which is 10 pm but not one on the weekends, i told him thats his time.

• justamomma2
    January 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM

DS is 16, phone off at 10 thens gets ready and is in bed by 10;15 ususually.  DD usually bed by 10.  Weekends they don't have bed times, but we all usually go to bed at the same time as a family.  We all like our sleep.  If they are staying up after 12 am on weekends we recommed they hit the hay don't like them sleeping the next day away.  Have to be up by 10AM.

• jeepninja
    January 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM

13yo and 14yo is 10 on a school night, 16yo is 10:30 (she ususally goes to bed when the others go to bed). Friday night is 2am and Saturday night is usually midnight (because of church),

• momofthree929
    January 18, 2013 at 1:34 PM

My 12 year olds go to be at 9 on school nights and whenever on weekends as long as they are quiet. My 15 year old goes to be at 9:30 on school nights and whenever on weekends. It is enforced and also based on grades. If their grades drop drastically and don't quickly improve they get an earlier bed time on school nights and a bed time on weekends until we decide they have earned the later back.

• fullxbusymom
    January 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Yup 14 & 16 10pm on school nights, no bedtime on weekends or holidays.  My kids are nightowls and if I didn't they would easily be up till 2 or 3am and then I get calls that they are falling asleep in school.

• Jebekarue
    January 18, 2013 at 7:50 PM

almost 17 (junior) and 14 (7th), 10 pm on school nights, around midnight on weekends/holidays.  Unless something is going on with band or other activities.  I only push a 10 pm bedtime during the week on my junior because he is a pain in the tail to get up no matter what time he goes to bedMy 7th grader doesnt have to be up until at least 7:45 her school starts at 9, but she gets right up 99% of the time the first time we call her.

of course my son for weekends tries to stay up all night and sleep all day and that drives me crazy....I sometimes wonder if he is part vampire :)

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts