Moms with Teens

rkoloms
What words/expressions should we ban?
by rkoloms
May 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM
If I hear YOLO one more time, I will scream!

Replies

• mumsy2three
    May 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Quoting Little12007:

I hate when people type or write like this: diz (this) wat, dat, mii (my), & when people put double letters in a word for example thiis or when they add a "z" at the end of a word instead of an "s" it annoys me so much & makes them look dumb like they can't spell or something!!!! Lol

That bothers me as well, especially when it's done by grown ups,lol.

Around here the kids shorten words like saying "totes BFF" for total BFF and Obvi for obviously. It tends to get under my skin especially since I work at the high school and have to listen to it often.

• angeldessee
    May 5, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I use im good when i get hurt.... not in a no thanks sort of way.... i have said no thank you im ok or im good. but it always has thanks or thank you in the sentence 

Quoting momcat437:

Hm, haven't heard that one...I, personally, vote to ban "I'm good"--it used to be "no, thank you"...remember that, anyone??

• Nannymommy
    May 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM

"What a noob"

"I'm a boss" - pronounced Bows (as in - he bows to the queen)

• omamabean
    May 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM
    I call everyone Dude. Drives my girls crazy! My husband is used to it :)
    The ones that really bug me are
    "chillax" and "my bad." Nails on a chalkboard!!!!
  • mickeyagain
    May 14, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Okay, this one is not just a teen thing, but is very prevalent online apparently: the phrase "I balled my eyes out".  To the internet community at large, the correct spelling is "bawling", NOT "balling".  I don't even know how someone would "ball" their eyes out, but every time I see this I envision golf balls and a trip to the ER! yuck!

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN