Moms with Teens

rkoloms
What words/expressions should we ban?
by rkoloms
May 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM
If I hear YOLO one more time, I will scream!

Replies

• GomezMami2908
    May 3, 2012 at 2:22 AM

FML

I hate it!

• mommyof2soon29
    May 3, 2012 at 2:25 AM

preggo or preggers, I think that might have already been said on here. Oober or uber, however its spelled.

• raven1114
    May 3, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Ugh I hate the term 'preggo' or 'preggers', it just sounds stupid. I also can't stand 'hubby' it also sounds stupid. Here's one TNMP which according to my son means Totally Not My Problem. I told him if he ever said that to me it would Totally Be His Problem because his problem would be totally getting my foot out of his ass.

Quoting mommyof2soon29:

preggo or preggers, I think that might have already been said on here. Oober or uber, however its spelled.

• bizzeemom2717
    May 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM
    Haha, that's actually one of the few I find humorous.

Quoting GomezMami2908:

FML

I hate it!

• EmilyMarshall
    May 3, 2012 at 4:07 AM
    bump
  • MandiFuego
    May 3, 2012 at 4:28 AM

Quoting mommyof2soon29:

Uber is a real word..it's german for above or something like that....

• MandiFuego
    May 3, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Most of you guys would hate me. I'm also 21. I also wonder how old some of yall are cuz the "slang" you're mentioning I've never heard ANYONE say before, and I lived ALL over this country. lol I can use slang quite effectively, espeically short hand because I use twitter daily. (140 characters is NOT a lot) but, as you can see, I can also form a sentence correctly.

I will say though, I've never said YOLO in my life although I am aware of people using it and what it means lol

Oh and "cool story bro" was actually "cool story, Hansel" from the movie zoolander...I'm not sure when the "bro" part was added but it does piss me off when people say it to me because it means they really don't care about what I just said LOL

• rkoloms
    by rkoloms
    May 3, 2012 at 5:26 AM

Quoting 39holding519:

My sons use "NARP" & Nube" mostly.

These are new to me, and sent me back to Urban Dictionary. 

nube
    A word used by nerds to get back at kids who don't play video games all the time. Like a reversal of the whole jock vs nerd thing, except old school nerds were smart, present day nerds just play video games.It's really pathetic when you hear someone try to diss someone else on that basis

nube
    Someone so pittiful and idiotic the they have not even the megar skills to be titled a noob, they are now a nube, derived from the word nub, dervied from stub. Yes they are nothing more than what remains of a dismembered penis.

I don't spend any time with atheletes, so I would not have know this 

NARP 

Acronym for Non-Athletic Regular Person. Your schools lacrosse team probably shouts it at you while you walk by.

• rkoloms
    by rkoloms
    May 3, 2012 at 5:27 AM

Quoting sqrocket:

I think that sometimes slang can be used well. I personally really like noob, derp, and troll. That said, I hate the CM shorthand and I also hate it when people use "n" instead of "and" because I picture them talking like that and my mind immediately attaches all the stupid person stereotypes to them.

Back to CM shorthand, the worst is KWIM-there is no reason to say this even when if you type the phrase out fully. I also hate SMH and TTC. Not to mention all the random acronyms for breastfeeding.

And I would add all of the abreviations for beloved family members! 

• rkoloms
    by rkoloms
    May 3, 2012 at 5:29 AM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

I didn't know what that meant until I recently asked another cm friend...it means Know What I Mean?

Quoting peacheylady:

What is the KWIM??? Sorry for being dumb, but I see it alot. Just scared to ask what it means?

Quoting sqrocket:

I think that sometimes slang can be used well. I personally really like noob, derp, and troll. That said, I hate the CM shorthand and I also hate it when people use "n" instead of "and" because I picture them talking like that and my mind immediately attaches all the stupid person stereotypes to them.

Back to CM shorthand, the worst is KWIM-there is no reason to say this even when if you type the phrase out fully. I also hate SMH and TTC. Not to mention all the random acronyms for breastfeeding.

I hate TFS, too

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts