Last Updated: September 21, 2011
Welcome to the CafeMom Community Guidelines. CafeMom was created to provide moms with a positive and interesting environment where they can connect with other moms, share stories, vent, feel that they are not in it alone, give and get advice, laugh, and do much more.
These Guidelines are intended to help CafeMom be a great place for as many moms as possible! CafeMom is a community where a mom can feel welcome and safe, and not be subjected to personal insults, attacks or disrespectful behavior.
As the "owner" of the cafe, the CafeMom Team will do our best to enforce these Guidelines, assist members with any questions, and provide an enjoyable place for moms to spend their time.
CafeMom Guidelines - Rules of Conduct
- Be respectful of others.
- Don't personally insult or attack other members.
- Slurs, stereotyping, and hate speech are not tolerated.
- Controversial topics and debates are encouraged. Be prepared for others to agree AND disagree with you and your ideas.
- Use the Privacy and Security settings as you see fit to control the privacy and security of your CafeMom experience.
- Don't ask other members for help in the form of money, gifts, or donations.
- Advertising and promotions are only allowed in Journal posts and in groups that allow advertising.
- Cursing is not allowed in public areas.
- Nudity, abortion pictures, and depictions of violence are not permitted on CafeMom.
- Don't share your personal information or anyone else's information with someone unless you're absolutely certain it is safe to share with that person. That includes anything another member shared with you in private.
- Do not create multiple accounts. If you need a second account to run your group, please contact the CafeMom Team.
- Help us keep CafeMom orderly by reporting any problems you see on the site including posts that break these rules and anyone you suspect doesn't belong on CafeMom.
- Don't do anything criminal or illegal on CafeMom or encourage anyone else to do so.
- If you want to discuss CafeMom policies, please Contact Us directly.
The CafeMom Team will not look at every post, photo, or comment made on the site nor do we guarantee the integrity of every member on the site. If we catch something that we believe violates our Community Guidelines or the CafeMom Terms of Service, we will review the situation and take appropriate action if necessary.
When you are in a group and click the "report" link, your report goes to the Group Owner for that group. When you are anywhere else on CafeMom and click the "report" link, your report comes to the CafeMom Team.
When you report something to us that you believe violates these Guidelines or the CafeMom Terms of Service, we will review your report and take the action that we feel is appropriate. For privacy reasons, we often will not be able to share the action that we have taken, but we take all reports seriously and take appropriate actions when necessary.
We always have the right to remove postings, lock postings, warn members, suspend accounts, and/or cancel accounts to enforce these Guidelines or the CafeMom Terms of Service or as we deem necessary to maintain the integrity of the site or our business. If we feel that by removing a post or a member we can make the site experience better for the rest of the members, we will do it. Let's all treat each other with respect and work together to make this a great place for all moms.
By following these Community Guidelines, you will be doing your part to make CafeMom a great place for all moms to be. In addition, you have Privacy and Security tools at your fingertips to control who sees the content you post. Use these privacy settings as you see fit to protect yourself and your family's information. We want everyone to be comfortable and feel safe.
Member-owned groups must abide by the CafeMom Group Guidelines. Group Owners are responsible for making their own guidelines for the group and enforcing them as desired. Group Owners are able to remove posts, comments and members from their groups. If a Group Owner needs help with an issue that she can't deal with on her own, she should contact us for assistance.
These Guidelines are a work in progress. We may revise these Guidelines at any time and without prior notice.
CafeMom Detailed Rules of Conduct (aka The Fine Print)
Thank you for being a CafeMom member!
- The CafeMom Team
Contact the CafeMom Team
Terms of Service
Frequently Asked Questions